Current situation in Merano / South Tyrol
The indicated arrangements are valid exclusively in the Autonomous Province of Bolzano - South Tyrol until 31 July 2021.
South Tyrol has been classified as a yellow zone since 26 April: Bars and restaurants are allowed to open. Indoor areas may only be opened for guests with negative test results. Only consumption at table with a maximum of 4 people per table is permitted.
People from EU countries, Schengen countries and the United Kingdom have been able to enter South Tyrol without quarantine since 16 May. Movements between yellow and white regions in Italy are again possible without restrictions.
Movements between yellow and white regions in Italy are unrestricted again.
Hotels are open and are accessible with a Corona Pass. The Corona Pass certifies a negative test in the last 72 hours, vaccination or recovery.
- Outdoor activities are permitted subject to the general rules of conduct:
- from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- minimum distance between persons of two metres
- wearing a mouth-nose protection (recommended: FFP-2)
- Retail shops, shopping centres and markets are open from Monday to Sunday. Wearing an FFP-2 mask while shopping is mandatory. This does not apply to people with a Corona Pass, who can also use surgical masks.
- Grocery shops, pharmacies, tobacconists, newsstands are open from Monday to Sunday.
- Public transport operates at a capacity of 50%.
- In compliance with all security measures, museums and other cultural institutions and places, including libraries, archives, youth work institutions as well as educational houses and further education institutions can also reopen to the public.
- Outdoor pools allowed to open since 15 May
- Fitness studios and indoor swimming pools open from 1 June 2021
- Fairs, conferences and congresses will be held again from 1 July 2021
- Events in public spaces are currently still suspended
As a general rule, wash your hands frequently and keep a safe distance, even outdoors.
Guest information or organisational questions: +39 0471 999 999 (Mon.-Fri. 09:00 - 12:30 and 14:00 - 18:00, Sat. 09:30 - 12:30 and 14:00 - 18:00)